- Religious leaders,
- Association of ARVN Veterans Victoria,
- Leaders of associations, organisations
- Press communications
- All compatriots.
To help tackle racism within the community, the Victorian Government is working with the Vietnamese Community in Australia – Victorian Chapter to organise a series of events that will help:
- Create greater awareness of racism and Anti-Asian discrimination in our community
- Improve the reporting of racism within our community
- Train our community to better support individuals that have been affected by racism.
Unfortunately, many members of our community still suffer from racism every day. These events will help demonstrate the different ways people may experience racism, and present ways to help better support each other and stamp out racism in our community.
These events will be free to attend, and will be held in:
- Footscray – Footscray Community Arts Centre – Sunday 8th of May, 2pm – 5pm
- Collingwood – Collingwood Library Meeting Room – Sunday 15th of May, 2pm – 5pm
- Springvale – Springvale Town Hall – Saturday 21st of May, 2pm – 5pm
Each event will feature a short presentation, live role-play and a Q&A session with professional anti-racism experts. Please note that all patrons need to be double vaccinated in order to attend.
We encourage you all to attend one of these events.
Please RSVP here: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/fighting-discrimination-together-tickets-312165684967?utm-%20campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&utm-medium=discovery&utm-term=listing&utm-source=cp&aff=escb
If you have any questions, please contact the team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone on 0423 418 356 (Jenny Nguyen Pham).